Personal Watercraft (PW) Instructors are experienced personal watercraft drivers who have been trained and assessed to run the RYA's Personal Watercraft Proficiency Course and the Introduction to PW Safety course, which is for guests on Superyacht charter holidays.
Pre-requisites for taking this course are the 1 day RYA PWC Licence, at least two years’ experience riding personal watercraft and a valid first-aid certificate to have been taken within the last three years (5 years for STCW).
The validity of the certification is 5 years from the date issued, granted that a valid first-aid certificate is maintained.
* Correct instruction techniques & briefings
* Visual aids
* Notes on key teaching points
* Instruction DVD for guests to watch.
* Detailed overview of RYA inspection process & required paperwork
* Taking care of your Personal Watercraft & equipment
Advantages of RYA Personal Watercraft Instructor Course:
* Regulation – Every Yacht must have a PW Instructor on board if they are operating commercially in the Mediterranean.
* Competitive Edge – PW Instructor certification is probably one of the most important Industry related qualifications new crew should invest in.
* Safety – As a PW Instructor you will be required to train up and issue PW licenses to crew and guests who want to operate a jet-ski on their own. Alternatively, a crew member or guest MUST be a passenger on a jet-ski driven by an individual with a PW license.