This course is a requirement for all food handlers, both those preparing and serving – steward(ess), chefs, catering staff etc. It will provide individuals with the knowledge on how to safely and hygienically store, handle, cook and serve food on-board. The aim of this qualification is to provide candidates with the knowledge of basic food safety practices, the hazards and risks to food safety presented by food operations and personnel, together with cost-effective and practical control measures.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a HABC/ MCA Level 2 Award in Food Safety Certificate.
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: It does not expire but should be renewed every three years.
- Microbiological hazards (bacteria)
- Spoilage and preservation
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food handlers and personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Food pests and control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food safety and law enforcement.
The course consists of practical and written tasks.