This course is required to obtained the small vessel chief engineer < 3000kW/ <500gt and <9000kW/ < 3000gt CoCs.
- Approved Engine Course (AEC) 1
- Approved Engine Course (AEC) 2
- SV Auxiliary Equipment - Part 1
- SV Operational Procedures, Basic Hotel Service and Ship Construction,
- SV Marine Diesel Engineering,
- SV Chief Engineer Statutory and Operational Requirements
- Hydraulic Systems
- Electrical Plant
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (AC) Plant
- High-Pressure Air Compressor & Air System
- Lifting Plant
- Alternative Fuels
- Ship Construction & Dry Docking
Pre Course Preparation:
Due to a large amount of material to be learnt, a substantial amount of pre-course study is required.
The course is certified through an examination process, it is a 2-hour assessment. Only candidates who have successfully completed the required education and training course subjects will be eligible to take the examination. This is evidenced by a course completion certificate issued by the training provider.
Method of Certification:
Candidates will be required to pass a two hour written examination which will be conducted at the end of the course/week.