This course forms part of the new chief engineer officer qualifications for small vessels <9000kW and <3000GT (unlimited area).
- SV Auxiliary Equipment part 1
- SV Auxiliary Equipment part 2
- SV Marine Diesel Engineering
- SV Operational Procedures, Basic Hotel Service and Ship Construction
- Y4 Marine Diesels
- Y4 Operational Procedures and Basic Hotel Services and Ship Construction
- Y4 Auxiliary Equipment
- International Conventions (SOLAS, ISM, ISPS, STCW, MARPOL)
- International Labour Organisation
- Load Line
- Maritime and Coastal Agency
- Classification Societies
- Planned Maintenance Systems
- Voyage Planning
The course is lecture led learning and revision and there is a written exam on the final day of the course. It is recommended that candidates start studying 6 weeks in advance as there is a high volume of material. The study material will be accessible once you are enrolled.