This course provides candidates with the ability to control the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the management level through the use of leadership and managerial skills. This course is generally for technical officer following an approved education and training programme leading to an MCA certification as a Chief mate or Master (500GT<), second engineer officer or chief engineer officer (main propulsion machinery of 750kW < propulsion power).
- Deck or engineering certificate of competency at an operational level
- The minimum seagoing service requirement for the issue of a management level CoC.
- Good practice in shipboard human resource management.
- The relevance of the ‘human element’ in shipboard operations.
- Principles of task and workload management, including planning, coordination, allocation and prioritisation of human and physical resources.
- Use project management as an aid to decision-making.
- Use of effective resource management techniques;
- Principles and practice of decision-making;
- Lead and manage the development, implementation and oversight of standard operating procedures.
- Principles and good practice in shipboard training, learning, coaching, mentoring, assessment and developing shipboard personnel.
Candidates are assessed throughout the course and on completion, you will receive a certificate of completion.