The GUEST Interior Advanced Program is suitable for a crew member, looking to advance to a more senior yacht stew position.
The GUEST Advanced Interior Program is suited to interior crew members who have already gained experience and are looking to upskill with fundamental training required when moving to a more senior role. It is also well suited to those who have already gained hospitality and service experience while working in a high-standard, land-based background.
The prerequisites for signing up are as follows:
- Expected knowledge of GUEST Introduction level or Hospitality level 2,
- 12 months of onboard experience within the interior department
The Advanced Level consists of the following modules:
Not all modules have to be done consecutively or at the same time but it is recommended to start with unit 34.
Unit 04 | Interior Administrations & HR
- Interior Administrations & HR Interior Administrations
- Interior Information Management Systems
- Interior sub-department SOP's
- Human Resources procedures
*Or read below to find out about the other Unit 1 modules*
Unit 05 | Advanced Food & Beverage Services
- Wide range of Service Styles & Techniques
- French culinary & service terminology & luxury menu items
- Food & Beverage (F&B) standard operating procedures
- F&B Service Operations & Service Recovery Model
- Guests Preferences / Preference sheets
- Event F&B Services
- Health, Safety & Hygine procedures & practices
*Or read below to find out about the other level ii modules*
Unit 07 | Advanced Laundry Services
- Professional laundry services on-board
- Laundry labels & washing machine & dryer instructions
- Machine usage & maintenance planning
- Treatment & care of various fabrics & fabric stain removal
- Professional ironing & use of roller press
- Health & safety practices
Unit 09 | Advanced Valet Services
- The guest & valet relationship & discretion & confidentiality
- Professional valet services & duties (butler, secretary & chauffeur)
- Handling guest clothes & accessories
- Suitcase packing techniques, luxury packing & delicate items
- Professionally cleaning different styles & types of shoes
- Professionally tie a bow tie & gentlemen's tie
IAMI GUEST Level Advanced Level Virtual / Online Training
Certain training schools now offer the Advanced level GUEST program modules in a virtual/online format or in a blended format. If students would like to complete the course remotely, they will need to perform the practical duties in front of the camera. This will require certain items to be obtained in order to execute the practical element.
Online material and training will be offered to both in-class and virtual students. The excat format may differ between training provider and it is best to find on that best suits your needs.
Although there are differences in the format and pricing of the virtual and in-class courses, both types will result in the student obtaining a course completion certificate and willl be able to apply for their GUEST Junior CoC.
IAMI GUEST Senior Stew CoC
On successful completion of the Introduction Modules, along with the auxiliary courses the candidate can apply for the GUEST Senior Stew CoC (Certificate of Competency).
The required auxiliary and medical certificates required are as follows:
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety / Food Hygiene (MCA Approved) or equivalent
- ENG1 Medical Certificate
- ENG1 Medical Equivalent
- 12-month Yacht Service and 60 days Guest Service required
- Supporting documentation such as service record book, training record book, discharge book etc.
- Confirm supporting documentation with your GUEST training provider