The Seamanship Centre has a worldwide reputation for outstanding maritime training. Our first class teaching staff and excellent industry standard facilities allow us to offer some of the best maritime training in the world with a flexible, friendly and professional manner. We offer professional industry training to international shipping companies, the offshore and yachting industries.
We are MCA, MSO, RYA and ISA approved training providers. At The Seamanship Centre we pride ourselves in going the extra mile to ensure that our students have a worthwhile experience and leave us having upped their game and passed the exam. To this end we will arrange extra tuition in the evenings, if an exam candidate is finding the going a bit tough or has difficulty with a specific task or concept. We do not charge extra for this but believe that as we rely on word of mouth to fill our classes that our extra effort will be rewarded by positive referrals to new clients.
The Seamanship Centre’s Mission:
To provide relevant learning in an ever changing world.
The Seamanship Centre’s Vision
To be a centre of excellence for learners, the business community, locally, nationally and internationally.
The Seamanship Centre’s Core Values:
The success of our learners is our main objective. We aim to deliver a quality learning experience in an environment that informs, educates and gives an enjoyable learning experience.
We are accountable to our learners and business customers
We act with fairness, honesty, respect and equality in our dealings with everyone.
We aim to achieve the highest standards and celebrate success.
Bespoke Training for organisations with specific requirements:
We run all our courses bi- monthly or more often depending on demand and we can tailor a package to suit most situations.
Book a course
MCA and MSO Approved Courses
- MCA Approved Efficient Deck Hand
- MSO Approved Able Seafarer Deck Course.
- MCA Approved Marine Engine Course
- MCA Approved Marine Engine Course II
- MSO Approved Maritime Leadership and Resource Management.
- MCA Approved HELM (Operational) (Human Element Leadership & Management)
- MSO & MCA Approved SSO (Ship Security Officer) with Cyber Security
- MSO & MCA Approved Proficiency in Medical First Aid - 3 Days
- MSO & MCA Approved Medical Care Aboard Ship (5 Day)
- MCA Approved Stability Course. ( Less than 24m Workboats)
- MCA Master 200 / 500 Orals Prep
STCW Mandatory Basic Safety Training Courses
- STCW Week. Book all four courses.
- STCW Week (Monday) Elementary First Aid
- STCW Week (Tuesday) Personal Survival Techniques.
- STCW Week (Wednesday). Personal Safety & Social Responsibility.
- STCW Week (Thursday) Ship Security Awareness
- STCW Week (Thursday) Ship / Port Security with Designated Security Duties
MCA Approved Safety Courses
Oral Exam. Preparation Course.
RYA & ISA Courses
- RYA / ISA Powerboat Level 2 (2 days practical)
- RYA / Day Skipper (4 days practical)
- RYA / ISA Essential Navigation & Seamanship (2 days classroom)
- RYA / ISA Powerboat Advanced (2 days practical & night passage)
- RYA Radar Course
- RYA Yachtmaster 200T Practical & Exam
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Shorebased
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased
- VHF DSC Radio
- Advanced Powerboat
- Advanced Sea Survival
- Basic Sea Survival
- Deck Crew Course
- Deck Rating
- Diesel Engine
- Engine Rating
- Engine Watchkeeping
- First Aid
- Master Oral Prep
- Oral Prep
- Powerboat Instructor
- Powerboat Level 2
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- Rib Master
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean
- RYA Yachtmaster Theory
- Sea Survival
- STCW Refresher
- SV Chief Engineer Requirements
- SV Marine Diesel Engineering