Find out About the IYT Master of Yachts Limited
Find a Master of Yachts Limited Course
An MCA Officer of the Watch Certificate of Competency (3000 Limited) allows you to work as an officer in charge of a navigational watch on yachts up to 3000GT. This is a deck officer qualification that requires the candidate to complete all of the necessary courses as well as pass the written examinations. Once all of the examinations are completed and the sea time and service requirements have been fulfilled, the candidate is permitted to sit a final oral examination.
The seatime requirement as per the MSN 1858 Requirements for deck officers on large yachts over 24m.
Since the age of 16 have obtained a minimum of 36 months’ onboard yacht service.
This must include at least 365 days seagoing service on vessels of 15 metres or over in load line length, made up of: -
- A minimum of 250 days’ ACTUAL sea going service and
- 115 days of any combination of the following:
- Actual sea service; o
- Stand-by service - A maximum of 14 consecutive days may be counted at one time, but on no occasion may a period of standby service exceed that of the previous voyage;
- Yard service - up to a maximum of 90 days continuously or in separate periods;
Additionally, candidates must:
OOW Modules / Courses to complete
The below modules must be completed in no particular order (Assuming STCW Basic Training and Master of Yachts 200GT certifications / CoC's are held)
Select a module below in order to find more information. Links to training providers will be found on the individual course page.
- Efficient Deckhand (OOW)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
- General Ship Knowledge (GSK)
- Human Element, Leadership and Management (HELM) (Operational Level)
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) (GoC)
- Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)
- Navigation and Radar (OOW)
- OOW Prep